about this blog
comment policyThis blog operates as a SAFE SPACE for minority discourse. Comments are screened by default. You must abide by my comment policy if you wish to have your comment published. When in doubt, comment on this entry to ensure that your comment (so long as it's free of slurs, threats, or violent rhetoric) will be published.
who is bunnika?
I'm a queer, disabled, nonbinary person, writing about feminism, queer rights, and life with a severe mobility impairment.
bunnika across the web
- 📷 Camping at Susquehanna. I’ve felt more human here. Less stressed. I don’t want to go back to the land... tmblr.co/ZC2Akx2MMX3xB 2 months ago
- 📷 I did my makeup yesterday. Still feel dead and dying. tmblr.co/ZC2Akx2M7E5T5 2 months ago
- I made a post to Facebook that I thought I’d filtered from work people but WHOOPS I missed the biggest... tmblr.co/ZC2Akx2Lu4CML 3 months ago
- 📷 Sometimes I think the light in my eyes is gone. tmblr.co/ZC2Akx2LtSKsA 3 months ago
- I think I scared off my first friend with the new diagnosis. tmblr.co/ZC2Akx2LlfHAA 3 months ago
- Train Wrecks
- "That's How It Happened"
- Snippet: On Call-Outs
- I'm Not Sorry Anymore, Men
- Some Truth Bombs About Rape
- Snippet: A Culture of Victimhood
- Sex-Positive & Woman-Negative
- Snippet: On 2013 and Beyond
- What I Owe You
- The Difference Between Oppression & Bullying
- Ignorance About the Culture of Disability
- Baiting Mental Illness
- Did You Know Cripples Can Do Things?
- From Plastic Picnicware to Polished Silver
- "No Vote for You!"
- The Worst Thing About Not Having a Diagnosis
- The Desolation of Pain
- "Back When I Was a Minority..."
- Circular Arguments
- Grieving for My(old)self
- The Devil in the Details
- Comment Policy
- Privileged Comment Extravaganza!
- Respecting the Victims
- Changes Are Afoot...
- Context and Relativity
- "That's So Lame!"
- Snippet: Teh Menz
- We're Not Professor X
- Sorry, Men, You're STILL Not Oppressed
- Words from a "Cripple"
- Snippet: Trolling
- A New Reality
- But But But...LESBIANS!
- Grade School Logic
- On Unicorns and Cleaning the Stable
- Get Off the Fucking Fence
- Overstepping Allies
- You're Not Cutting My Sons
- "Get Over It"
- Google is Your Friend
- The Man-Hating Feminazi
- You've Got Some 'Spaining to Do
- Sorry, Men, You Are Not Oppressed
- We've Been Violated Enough
- Snippet: Silence
- Fuck the Nip and Tuck
- The Trials of Invisible Illness
- I'm a Slut
- The Inked Feminist
- I Was Not a Child Pirate
- "Trampy" Children
Author Archives: bunnika
I wouldn’t say I have good self-esteem, but I generally have good don’t-give-a-damn. That is, while I don’t think I’m amazing, and I know other people don’t think I’m amazing, I just don’t care. Sometimes that cracks, though, and in … Continue reading
I hate that term, “high-functioning.” It sets up a dichotomy between people like me and those defaulted “low-functioning” disabled people that paints a very negative picture of disability as a whole. I’m a “good cripple,” because I work, I take … Continue reading
“Can I kiss you?” According to most of my students (your average group of community-college-attending young adults), this question is just too cheesy. Apparently the embarrassment you risk in asking it is worse than the rejection you could receive by … Continue reading
It strikes me sometimes that I should go back through and re-read old posts, because I know on some subjects my eyes have opened wider, and I see more than I once did. There’s no hiding the fact that I’m … Continue reading
It’s common cultural knowledge at this point that “black lives matter” has gone beyond just a hashtag and become a cultural phenomenon, a slogan that people on and off of the net are embracing to encourage the masses to recognize … Continue reading
It has taken me years to settle into my identity, but I am now comfortable saying that I am a nonbinary trans person. I have called myself a “nonbinary woman” in the past, because in spite of my personal gender … Continue reading