about this blog
comment policyThis blog operates as a SAFE SPACE for minority discourse. Comments are screened by default. You must abide by my comment policy if you wish to have your comment published. When in doubt, comment on this entry to ensure that your comment (so long as it's free of slurs, threats, or violent rhetoric) will be published.
who is bunnika?
I'm a queer, disabled, nonbinary person, writing about feminism, queer rights, and life with a severe mobility impairment.
bunnika across the web
- This crazy person is tired of being blamed for gun violence. tmblr.co/ZC2Akx2QdYfVh 2 weeks ago
- dysperdis: dysperdis: so this has been bouncing around my head for a while and I’m still not sure if this... tmblr.co/ZC2Akx2QCcfNV 1 month ago
- I’ve been all a mess with taking my meds the last couple of days and my sleep cycle is suffering. I should... tmblr.co/ZC2Akx2QCboy8 1 month ago
- ambergirl986: nonbinarysapphic: nonbinarysapphic: ive recently found out that in the 80s lesbians who were... tmblr.co/ZC2Akx2Po73d0 1 month ago
- I had a guest over, a possible new mom friend (!!!) and I was too taken aback to speak up when I should... tmblr.co/ZC2Akx2Po6qvc 1 month ago
- Train Wrecks
- "That's How It Happened"
- Snippet: On Call-Outs
- I'm Not Sorry Anymore, Men
- Some Truth Bombs About Rape
- Snippet: A Culture of Victimhood
- Sex-Positive & Woman-Negative
- Snippet: On 2013 and Beyond
- What I Owe You
- The Difference Between Oppression & Bullying
- Ignorance About the Culture of Disability
- Baiting Mental Illness
- Did You Know Cripples Can Do Things?
- From Plastic Picnicware to Polished Silver
- "No Vote for You!"
- The Worst Thing About Not Having a Diagnosis
- The Desolation of Pain
- "Back When I Was a Minority..."
- Circular Arguments
- Grieving for My(old)self
- The Devil in the Details
- Comment Policy
- Privileged Comment Extravaganza!
- Respecting the Victims
- Changes Are Afoot...
- Context and Relativity
- "That's So Lame!"
- Snippet: Teh Menz
- We're Not Professor X
- Sorry, Men, You're STILL Not Oppressed
- Words from a "Cripple"
- Snippet: Trolling
- A New Reality
- But But But...LESBIANS!
- Grade School Logic
- On Unicorns and Cleaning the Stable
- Get Off the Fucking Fence
- Overstepping Allies
- You're Not Cutting My Sons
- "Get Over It"
- Google is Your Friend
- The Man-Hating Feminazi
- You've Got Some 'Spaining to Do
- Sorry, Men, You Are Not Oppressed
- We've Been Violated Enough
- Snippet: Silence
- Fuck the Nip and Tuck
- The Trials of Invisible Illness
- I'm a Slut
- The Inked Feminist
- I Was Not a Child Pirate
- "Trampy" Children
Category Archives: ableism
I am constantly inundated with comments from privileged people (almost entirely men) who demand that I address their comments immediately and with a smile, bitch. Because society has trained men to expect this of women, and by even daring to … Continue reading
Eugenics is a topic that comes up quite often in modern discussions of disability. There are truly terrifying people who subscribe quite literally to the Nazi theory that disabled people should be exterminated, and that’s obviously horrifying. But there are … Continue reading
Note: In this post, I am using the terms “bipolar disorder” and “manic depression” interchangeably. The latter is sort of an old-school term for the same illness, and one that some sufferers prefer as more descriptive. Personally, I find both … Continue reading
Did You Know Cripples Can Do Things?: Inspiration Porn and the Ableist Commodification of Disabled Bodies
Usually as the end of the year draws nearer, websites really like to do lists or countdowns of various notable things that happened during the year. More and more often, I’m seeing some version of a collection of “heartwarming moments.” … Continue reading
A lot of folks, particularly within the disabled community, are familiar with The Spoon Theory. If you’re not, hop over and read it, or else this won’t make a damn bit of sense. I’ve struggled with how to apply that … Continue reading
I think at this point, most people have heard about the voter ID laws being instituted through GOP legislation. They’re promoted as being necessary to prevent “voter fraud”–you know, that democracy-destroying scourge that’s been ravaging…well nothing, really, because it’s virtually … Continue reading
There are a lot of things that fucking suck about having an undiagnosed chronic pain condition. It’s a long-ass list that others have tackled far better than I could. But there is one thing that, for me, is the absolute … Continue reading