about this blog
comment policyThis blog operates as a SAFE SPACE for minority discourse. Comments are screened by default. You must abide by my comment policy if you wish to have your comment published. When in doubt, comment on this entry to ensure that your comment (so long as it's free of slurs, threats, or violent rhetoric) will be published.
who is bunnika?
I'm a queer, disabled, nonbinary person, writing about feminism, queer rights, and life with a severe mobility impairment.
bunnika across the web
- This crazy person is tired of being blamed for gun violence. tmblr.co/ZC2Akx2QdYfVh 2 weeks ago
- dysperdis: dysperdis: so this has been bouncing around my head for a while and I’m still not sure if this... tmblr.co/ZC2Akx2QCcfNV 1 month ago
- I’ve been all a mess with taking my meds the last couple of days and my sleep cycle is suffering. I should... tmblr.co/ZC2Akx2QCboy8 1 month ago
- ambergirl986: nonbinarysapphic: nonbinarysapphic: ive recently found out that in the 80s lesbians who were... tmblr.co/ZC2Akx2Po73d0 1 month ago
- I had a guest over, a possible new mom friend (!!!) and I was too taken aback to speak up when I should... tmblr.co/ZC2Akx2Po6qvc 1 month ago
- Train Wrecks
- "That's How It Happened"
- Snippet: On Call-Outs
- I'm Not Sorry Anymore, Men
- Some Truth Bombs About Rape
- Snippet: A Culture of Victimhood
- Sex-Positive & Woman-Negative
- Snippet: On 2013 and Beyond
- What I Owe You
- The Difference Between Oppression & Bullying
- Ignorance About the Culture of Disability
- Baiting Mental Illness
- Did You Know Cripples Can Do Things?
- From Plastic Picnicware to Polished Silver
- "No Vote for You!"
- The Worst Thing About Not Having a Diagnosis
- The Desolation of Pain
- "Back When I Was a Minority..."
- Circular Arguments
- Grieving for My(old)self
- The Devil in the Details
- Comment Policy
- Privileged Comment Extravaganza!
- Respecting the Victims
- Changes Are Afoot...
- Context and Relativity
- "That's So Lame!"
- Snippet: Teh Menz
- We're Not Professor X
- Sorry, Men, You're STILL Not Oppressed
- Words from a "Cripple"
- Snippet: Trolling
- A New Reality
- But But But...LESBIANS!
- Grade School Logic
- On Unicorns and Cleaning the Stable
- Get Off the Fucking Fence
- Overstepping Allies
- You're Not Cutting My Sons
- "Get Over It"
- Google is Your Friend
- The Man-Hating Feminazi
- You've Got Some 'Spaining to Do
- Sorry, Men, You Are Not Oppressed
- We've Been Violated Enough
- Snippet: Silence
- Fuck the Nip and Tuck
- The Trials of Invisible Illness
- I'm a Slut
- The Inked Feminist
- I Was Not a Child Pirate
- "Trampy" Children
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I can’t remember the last time I made a political post on my personal Facebook page. Maybe after the election, when I was so overwhelmed by sadness and fear I had to pour it somewhere. But lately, when that overwhelmed … Continue reading
I wouldn’t say I have good self-esteem, but I generally have good don’t-give-a-damn. That is, while I don’t think I’m amazing, and I know other people don’t think I’m amazing, I just don’t care. Sometimes that cracks, though, and in … Continue reading
I hate that term, “high-functioning.” It sets up a dichotomy between people like me and those defaulted “low-functioning” disabled people that paints a very negative picture of disability as a whole. I’m a “good cripple,” because I work, I take … Continue reading
It strikes me sometimes that I should go back through and re-read old posts, because I know on some subjects my eyes have opened wider, and I see more than I once did. There’s no hiding the fact that I’m … Continue reading
I’ve used it before, but this image is just too perfect. I had a commenter recently who latched onto my use of the term “derailing” and started throwing it all over the place with little regard to its meaning. I … Continue reading
TRIGGER WARNING: This entry is about rape, and I do discuss moderate details about my own rape. Please proceed with caution. I had an interaction with a commenter on here recently that was so triggering for me, I deleted the … Continue reading